Monday, February 29, 2016

Now Playing: Transatlanticism.


I went to see Death Cab for Cutie yesterday, and my life is complete.

I cried to Transatlanticism. They played Marching Bands of Manhattan. Passenger Seat was mindblowingly magical. I danced my ass off for the whole two hours (+/-). Little Wanderer was just as I imagined it would be but better. They didn't talk much, but Ben said Thank you after every song it made me feel all warm and fuzzy and aaaaaaaaaah. EVERYONE WAS FUCKING ENERGETIC.

I honestly feel like I am 18 again.
Good music, man, good music.

And guys, I have the bragging rights to say it aloud now: I HAVE NOW SEEN THE NEW YEAR LIVE.
It has been my new year anthem for ages.


I want to remember the night as something magical. I relived my youth. Discovered again why live music is such a big deal to me, because it just is -- I am capable of feeling a rush of emotions all at once and I miss that.



If I were to write myself a letter to my 18-year old music nerd, it would be this:

Dear D,

1. The Academy Is? They will disband and you will be heartbroken, but then you will meet Bill, you will see him live and will have the most awkward 3 mins phone call with him, and he will wish you Happy Birthday on your 25th.

2. Butcher will give you one of his paintings as present, on top of one you will buy. He will got beaten up so bad and you will ask about his recovery and he will tell you he named his favorite cat Delilah, which unfortunately died but that will be the sweetest twitter exchange ever. EVER.

3. Patrick Stump will wish you a great day ahead.

4. You will experience Death Cab for Cutie live, at least once. I know it is just a random band on Myspace now, but you will experience all range of emotions when you listen to Transatlanticism, Passenger Seat, Death of An Interior Decorator (Especially on that one day you feel all hopes are lost and this song speaks to you in a whole new perspective), welp now that I babble on it, your whole life at this point in time, and maybe up until you get to 26, revolves around this album.

5. You will befriend Yuna, no fucking kidding.  You will also ask her to perform on your final year dinner, of which she will turned it down because of her final exams. And she will be so big one day, she'll work with people you would have never imagined.

6. Tegan and Sara? They will be so fucking good live. You will enjoy this so much.

7. As impossible as this may seem to you now, you will appreciate top 40. They are not too bad. :p You will discover Ed Sheeran though in a few years and you will see him live too. On a trip you have never even imagine you would take. (I still feel surreal)

8. You will see Incubus live. And fast forward to years later, you will randomly bumped into Mike and you will fangirl so hard you let out a giddy "HI MIKE!" and he will turn around and say "Hey!" with an unflattering photo of both of you but your utopian dream finally unfolded.

9. You think you might slow down on shows, but guess what sister! Things will keep getting better and better you will just have to accept it and enjoy every new music coming your way. Look out for The Impatient Sisters.

10. At some point in life, you will appreciate your playlist so much.


You're pretty cool, (despite being the oddball most of the time).



No comments:

Post a Comment